Cook Street School of Culinary Arts in Denver, CO. maintains an open enrollment policy and accepts a maximum of 20 students per session for our culinary arts program. Applications will be accepted up to one year prior to the desired session. Admissions requirements include:
- submission of a completed application;
- official high school or college transcripts;
- two letters of recommendation;
- $50 non-refundable application fee and;
- an enrollment interview with the Director of Admissions and Chef Instructors.
The Admissions Committee will review applications only when all required application materials are received. Decisions will be made within one week of an entrance interview. If you are accepted, you will receive an Enrollment Package. You must sign the enrollment agreement and make your initial deposit 14 days before the start date of your class. Your position in the class is secured when both are received by Cook Street.
We’re here to help! We understand that the decision to attend culinary school is not one to take lightly and we’re committed to helping you get as much as you can out of Cook Street. You’re unique, and your needs are, too. That’s why our application process is as individual as you are.
Cook Street embraces candidates who demonstrate a passion for the culinary arts. No prior culinary experience is required for admission. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or resident aliens and must complete a facility tour, Chef for a Day, and an interview. Exceptions to these and all admissions policies are made on an individual basis only.
Once we’ve received your complete application, our Admissions Committee will review and decide on your materials within one week of your entrance interview. If accepted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance and Enrollment Agreement. Please submit your Enrollment Agreement and $2,500 deposit at least 14 days prior to the session start date to ensure your seat. A maximum of 20 applicants are accepted each term, so apply early to reserve your spot.
- Wait list —If your preferred session has been filled or if you turn in your Enrollment Agreement and deposit late, you will be placed on a wait list and notified of openings in the order you were added.
- Denial — If you are denied admission, you will be notified via mail. Please contact the Admissions Department for details.
- Housing — Please contact our Admissions Director for more information on the many housing options available in Denver.
Cook Street School of Culinary Arts does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, nationality, race, sex or sexual preference. This policy is followed with respect to programs, services, activities, admission of students, hiring of faculty and staff, and the admittance to functions and activities. Admission to Cook Street School of Culinary Arts, graduations, and certifications are administered in full compliance with applicable law.
The Culinary Arts Program
November 28th, 2016 – March 24th, 2017
February 27th – June 16th, 2017
May 22nd – September 8th, 2017
August 14th – December 1st, 2017
November 27th – March 23rd, 2018
Call 303.308.9300 to schedule a tour of Cook Street today!