October 1st – 10th, 2017
Cook Street’s European Culinary Tours are an integral part of our Culinary Arts Program, bringing the Cook Street core focus of Italian & French classic techniques to life. A fantastic resume builder, our tours will differentiate you from other culinary graduates giving you extra culinary training & culinary field trips in Europe! You will also receive certification from our educational partners at the Academia Barilla.
Give your culinary experience an extra dimension. During our 2017 tour, you will study classic Italian techniques, a major part of the foundations of cuisine. You will learn about how geography & history have shaped the robust culinary traditions of Europe. Now get a real taste & feel of Europe & see its regions for yourself!
All travel enhances & challenges you. It influences your growth & person, both professionally & as a culinarian. For the past several years, we have designed customized European Culinary tours that are a natural finish to the Professional Culinary Arts program. If you are truly passionate about food, don’t just stop after the Cook Street lessons, complete the program & take advantage of our upcoming tour to see & experience the birthplace of cuisine.
This fall we will be traveling to Parma, Italy for a customized tour with our affiliate school, Academia Barilla, in the heart of Parma. The tour includes the following items:
- Group transfer from/to Milan Malpensa International Airport MXP (ARRIVAL: Generally, flights from the US arrive in Milan MXP airport between 8-10am. All guests should book their tickets to land within that time period. We will plan to have the group transfer depart by 11am, to allow time for passport control, baggage claim, and customs. DEPARTURE: Generally, flights to the US depart from Milan MXP airport around 10am. All guests should book their tickets to depart around that time. We will plan to have the group transfer from the Parma hotel at 6am, which takes up to 2 hours, to allow time for check in, security, and passport control).**Please note that the flights are separate, which means you can book your flight at any time;
- There will be 4 private group cooking classes in Academia Barilla, with dedicated Academia Barilla chef team, including tour of the headquarters, Gastronomic Library, and staff at full disposal. Each student also receives an Academia Barilla Chef Kit to keep (printed recipes, chef hat & apron);
- Walking guided tour of Parma’s historic city center;
- “Parma Gourmet Day Package” with private guide & transpiration to visit Pamigiano Reggiano & Prosciutto di Parma producers, with product tastings; lunch at Torrechiara castle restaurant & a visit to a local D.O.C. Colli di Parma winery with tour & tastings;
- “Bologna & Modena Gourmet Day Package” with private guide & transportation; walking guided tour of Bologna city center; lunch in a local restaurant with regional dishes; visit a Lambrusco wine producer wine producer, with tastings; visit a Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena producer, with tastings;
- Visit the Barilla pasta plant (the world’s largest pasta factory) & lunch at the company restaurant;
- Farewell group diner at Michelin starred restaurant;
- 9 nights’ accommodations in minimum 5 star hotel in Parma city center, breakfast included;
- Chaperoned by a Level 2 Sommelier; Chef Cindy Eger C.S.W.
|Sunday, October 1||Welcome to Parma!
Group arrival in Milan-Malpensa Airport: transfer to Parma & hotel check in.
|Monday, October 2||10:00 AM
Welcome to Academia Barilla!
Tour of the headquarter, Academia Barilla presentation & itinerary review.10:30 AM
Cooking class on PASTA & lunch
|Tuesday, October 3||9:30 AM
Guided walking tour of Parma city center1:00 PM
Lunch at the company restaurant2:00 PM
Guided tour of Barilla factory, the world’s largest pasta plant7:30 PM
Dinner at Michelin star restaurant
|Wednesday, October 4||10:00 AM
Cooking class on APPETIZERS & FINGER-FOOD & lunch
|Thursday, October 5||Bologna & Modena Gourmet Tour!
Lunch at local osteria
Transfer to Modena & visit to local traditional balsamic vinegar producer & Lambrusco wine producer
Back in Parma & free time
|Friday, October 6||10:00 AM
Cooking class in Academia Barilla on FISH, MEAT, & SIDE DISHES & lunch featuring your preparations
|Saturday, October 7||Parma Gourmet Tour!
Lunch at Torrechiara castle
Visit to local wine producer with final tasting
Back in Parma & free time
|Sunday, October 8||Free Day|
|Monday, October 9||10:00 AM
Cooking class in Academia Barilla on DESSERTS & BREAD & lunch featuring your preparations
|Tuesday, October 10||Departure – Early morning.Check out & group transfer to Milan-Malpensa Airport
Additional Details & Pricing
This tour is designed to further your culinary education, which is why it is offered to Cook Street alumni & those who have completed both of the Classic Techniques Essentials I or II series.
Each registrant is allowed to bring one guest. Please note that unless your guest has completed Cook Street’s Professional Program or Classic Techniques I or II, they are not permitted to attend the 4 cooking classes at the Academia Barilla. They are permitted & encouraged to attend all of the other activities included in the itinerary!
Double room occupancy with one single bed is included. If you wish to have two beds, please note that in your registration form or email Hillary Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to have a single room, the supplemental price is approximately $560 per person.
►The all-inclusive registration fee for Alumni & CT I & II participants is: $3,700.
►Guest fee: $3,200
►Registration deadline: August 15th, 2017
►Payment deadline: September 15th, 2017
►Down payment of 50% due by August 15th, 2017
►Remaining 50% due September 15th, 2017
*You will need to submit a photocopy of your valid passport. You will have the option to attach a file to your registration form. We must receive this at a minimum of two weeks prior to the departure date of October 1st, 2017.
For any questions, reach out to your Alumni Coordinator, Hillary Thomas at email@example.com or 303-951-6688.
**Once you have completed the form, you will be directed to the shopping cart to pay your registration fee. This must be completed within 14 days of departure, or you may forfeit your spot!